Cloud Senior Engineer
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Cloud Senior Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and deploying cloud-based solutions that meet the needs of our customers. The ideal candidate should have experience in developing Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) using Terraform, CDK, or Pulumi, as well as designing and executing CI/CD pipelines.
The key performance indicators or KRA goals for this role include:
- Lead the implementation of Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) utilizing Terraform, CDK, or Pulumi
- Design and execute CI/CD pipelines to streamline delivery of solutions
- Collaborate with customer engineers to deliver solutions as per project backlogs
- Build custom automation scripts using Bash / PowerShell / Lambda Functions to improve workflows
- Proactively troubleshoot systems and deployments to minimize downtime and ensure seamless operations
- Mentor and train junior engineers to enhance their technical skills and knowledge
- Continuously improve processes and best practices to ensure the highest level of efficiency and productivity.
The ideal candidate for the Cloud Senior Engineer position should have:
- 3+ years of experience as an engineer
- Extensive knowledge of cloud infrastructure and experience implementing Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC)
- Deep understanding of working with, building, and utilizing CI/CD pipelines and GitOps methodology
- Proficiency in containerization technologies such as Kubernetes or other container management platforms
- Strong skills in Networking and IAM security
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Go, C#, Node.js
- Thorough understanding of Agile project delivery methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a startup environment and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- A passion for learning and exploring new technology with a natural curiosity and enthusiasm.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Migrations, CI/CD, Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) using tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation, AWS CDK, Pulumi, etc.
- Strong scripting skills
- Knowledge and experience with containerization technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, ECS, Fargate, etc.
- Understanding of cloud security best practices
- Familiarity with networking concepts and principles
- Exposure to incident, release, problem and change management processes
- Previous client-facing experience, including working on agile projects
- Consultancy or advisory experience, providing technical guidance and support to clients.